Cannot print to any output file using Octave, anymore.

From: Ariel Arelovich
Subject: Cannot print to any output file using Octave, anymore.
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 12:40:51 -0200

Hello:

Here is my problem. I've been doing tests with Octave in order to get
the plot (done with GNU Plot Backend) to print the ñ character. One
suggestion was that I update. I tried to do so using the system
package manager (I'm using Debian) since there were quite a few
related updates. However, after doing this not only the problem
persisted but now, no output file is generated at all when using the
print command.

Instead all I get is these errors:

GPL Ghostscript 9.05: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

and

warning: print.m: epstool binary is not available.

It is as if GNUplot cannot write outputs anymore but I cannot fanthom why.

Can anyone give me any clues?

Thank you so much for any help.