Re: Fwd: Please release RC1 to octave/unstable PPA

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Fwd: Please release RC1 to octave/unstable PPA
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:19:51 -0500

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 06:25:09 -0500, Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:
> is it really necessry with gnuplot-nox? If I try to install that then
> gnuplot-x11 wants to deinstall!

The gnuplot-nox is a minimal requirement, if you want to use gnuplot-x11
or gnuplot-qt they will also work.

> Also, the list says libsuitesparse-dev.  For me that does not work
> under configuration, as it finally says
> umfpack couldnt be found. But, if I replace that with
> libsuitesparse-metis-dev, configure works!

Yes, libsuitesparse-dev should work, and does work for me. The
suitesparse-metis package has non-free distribution terms. Feel free to
report a bug on our bug tracker, or just send me your config.log file,
to diagnose the problem with suitesparse and your configuration.

--
mike