Re: Connecting to internet

From: Jadran
Subject: Re: Connecting to internet
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 07:46:10 +0000 (UTC)

Mike Miller <mtmiller <at> ieee.org> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 11:46:18 +0000, Jadran Jurković wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have problem to connecting to Internet.
> > I must  connect through proxy and I tried with this settings, but it
doesn't work:

> > putenv ('http_proxy', '123.12.123.1');
> > putenv ('http_port', '8080');
>
> Where did you see an example for these variable names and syntax to
> configure a proxy?
>
> > [a status]=urlread(adr,'get',{'Username','user','Password','pass'})  or
[a status]=urlread(adr)

> > (number of proxy is an example)
> >
> > Octave version is 3.6.4 on Windows server.
> >
> > Could someone help me?
>
> Does this previous thread answer your question?
>
>   http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/problem-with-curl-installation-
td4656082.html#a4656246

Yes, this previous thread was written by my colleague.
Now, I should fix it because it doesn't work.
I talked with my administrator and what should be set is:
http proxy, http port, user and pass.

Proxy and port I setted with putenv:
putenv ('http_proxy', '123.12.123.1');
putenv('http_port', '8080');
and it still doesn't work...

You wrote in that thread: "This is a fairly standard variable
that many libraries and programs understand, including curl [1,2]. So
in Octave, something like this:
  octave:1> putenv ("http_proxy", "http://proxy.example.com:3128/";); "