Re: Turbo , Convolutional Codes

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Turbo , Convolutional Codes
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:00:20 -0500

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 13:25:38 -0800, oglop wrote:
> Hello, I have a project about Turbo codes
> And I would need to demonstrate the the example of turbo coder decoder  or
> at least convolutional decoder.
>
> I learnt that it could be done by Viterbi decoding, but I would need a guide
> how to make it in octave.
>
> Can someone guide me and help me to do this?
>
> So far I have done was an small convolutional coder (1,2,1), but I don't
> know how to decode it using octave.

Can you please clarify your questions and what kind of help you are
looking for? For example, are you having trouble with a particular
concept or do you have some Octave code written that is not doing what
you intend? Or are you looking for references to learn more about
convolutional and turbo codes? Or are you looking for someone to write
a decoder for you?

For reference, the communications package has a generic convolutional
encoder but does not yet have a Viterbi decoder implementation.

--
mike