Building 64bit Windows version on Ubuntu with mingw64

From: Renaud
Subject: Building 64bit Windows version on Ubuntu with mingw64
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 18:06:30 +0200

Hi,

I would like to get a 64bit Windows version of Octave:

  * is this possible and does it exist somewhere for download like the 32bits version?
  * is it possible to build it from Ubuntu. I came across this promising thread:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/cross-compiling-Octave-for-MinGW-systems-td4646732.html
I am having trouble due to source packages that cannot be downloaded due to an annoying proxy that gets in the middle. These mostly seem to be required for build tools. However I already have all mingw64 binaries installed from the Ubuntu repository. Is it possible to specify mex to use these instead of downloading and building them again?

Thank you.

Bests,
Renaud