Re: Call for translations

From: Torsten
Subject: Re: Call for translations
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 06:43:23 +0100

On 29.10.2013 00:09, Rik wrote:
> On 10/28/2013 03:51 PM, Andreas Weber wrote:
>> Am 25.10.2013 01:11, schrieb Rik:
>>> The 3.8 release is on schedule and will feature a GUI for the first
> time ever!
>>>
>>> We need your help, though, in bringing Octave to the globe.  The
> strings in
>>> the GUI need to be translated to local languages.  As of today (Nov. 24,
>>> 2013) we have translations for the following languages and locales:
>>> <snip>
>>
>> Is there a date for a "string freeze" to give enough time to the
>> translators to update the existing language files?
> 10/28/13
>
> Andy,
>
> "string freeze" has already occurred.  Torsten updated the strings on
> Oct. 25th, the same day I wrote with a call for translations.
>
> changeset:   17759:6e15053c0fe5
> parent:      17757:dae2230227a7
> user:        Torsten <address@hidden>
> date:        Fri Oct 25 06:49:06 2013 +0200
> summary:     update of gui language files to new strings (translation
> updates required)
>
> So far, the following have been updated
>
> de_DE
> es_ES
> fr_FR
> nl_NL
>
> The following need updating
>
> pt_BR
> ru_RU.ts
> uk_UA.ts
>
> There are contacts listed in the libgui/languages/translators for these
> three missing files.  I assumed that they were probably monitoring
> Octave Maintairs, but you could drop them an e-mail.
>
> --Rik

I had to update the files again on Oct 27 (cset
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/8402768afd2d) because I did
not include the strings from the bash lexer for languages that are not
handled by qscintilla itself. Since bug fixes are still going on, few
strings might change once more.

Torsten