issue running an example from control package

From: Gustavo Marcano
Subject: issue running an example from control package
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 20:06:25 -0430

How do you do?,

I'm sorry for the question, but I'm new at this, just wanted to know why do i get an  error when running this command on octave  (I'm using ubuntu):

"octave:1> s = tf ('s');"

after pressing enter I get:

"error: Invalid call to tf.  Correct usage is:

 -- Function File:  tf (NUM, DEN, TSAM, INNAME, OUTNAME)

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index."

I'm aware that "tf" function requires (and says so on the error message too) that the correct format is  tf (NUM, DEN, TSAM, ...., but how in this page http://octave.sourceforge.net/control/function/tf.html the examples runs just fine.

Thanks in advance