Re:

From: Israel Herraiz
Subject: Re:
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:46:10 +0200

Excerpts from José Luis García Pallero's message of Tue Sep 17 10:36:35 +0200
2013:
> With the beginning of the new academic course, I recommend the use of
> GNU Octave to my students. But they ask always the same question: has
> octave a GUI? Well, for Windows exists the OctaveUPM version, but for
> *NIX they need to compile from the sources

If you use Ubuntu, there are packages for Octave UPM available in
this PPL: https://launchpad.net/~herraiz/+archive/octave-upm

The packages are available for versions 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04.

Some of the Ubuntu packages may work in Debian. There is also a
package for Archlinux in the AUR.

Cheers,
Israel