Re: 'load' cannot read NA values

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: 'load' cannot read NA values
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 08:58:39 -0400

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 05:19:37 -0700, foobar wrote:
> I dusted off a script that used to run fine but now fails with Octave 3.2.4,
> because 'load' seems to no longer handle missing values in data files with
> space-delimited numbers. Example:
> [...]
> Any suggestion?

Yes, upgrade to a more recent version of Octave, 3.2.4 is extremely out
of date. If you've on Ubuntu LTS, there's a PPA for that:

http://wiki.octave.org/Ubuntu#Octave.27s_Personal_Package_Archive_.28PPA.29

I'm not sure in which version this was fixed, but it works in 3.6.4:

  octave:1> x = [NA 2; 3 NA]
  x =
      NA     2
       3    NA