Re: Java package install seems to be ok, but is NOT working.

From: Werner
Subject: Re: Java package install seems to be ok, but is NOT working.
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 14:52:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hell List,

Sergei is right at all. I have had the same problems and my assumption was
exactly like Sergei's
So I decided to make a new java installation (the current installations was
in any event old - jdk1.6.0_31)
My system is windows 7 and so the installation was in c:\Program Files\Java
... Keep in mind the
whitespace in path. With this settings you get an error, when you install
java with
pkg install -verbose  java-1.2.9.tar.gz. You have carefully check the
output, there is the message that
the make file can't found c:\Program Files\Java ... So I install the new jdk
(jdk1.7.0_25), but in the
installation process I "correct" the path from c:\Program Files to
c:\ProgramFiles (it's a little bit strange
for a windows 7 system). Therefor my output from  strsplit (getenv("PATH"),
pathsep)  contains now
[1,7] = c:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin\ and that was what I wanted ->
no whitespace in the path.
When you now install java with pkg, then all is correct.

So long Werner