Re: Applet OCTAVE

From: c.
Subject: Re: Applet OCTAVE
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:03:14 +0200

Hi,

Please keep the list in CC as others may be interested

On 15 Aug 2013, at 05:04, Leonardo Parada <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have checked http://ideone.com/api and it's free, they onle demand on
> bottom of your app referal to them.

As far as I can tell it is gratis ("free" as in "free beer") but not free (as
in "free speach"),
see here for a definition: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

> I am interested in transform a Octave local proccesing in a web processing
> based on Octave, for example load a .wav time serie and invert, cut, paste,
> etc....and get back a new .wav archive.

What you want to do is simpler that what I was thinking about,
if I understand correctly what you want can be implemented via a cgi script
which has been done before for example here:

http://wnet.isti.cnr.it/software/damatfrc/

the source code of this example is available as a starting point.

> ....are you expert on DSP ?

I am not, but there almost certainly are others who are on this list.

HTH,
c.