Re: M code for semiovariogram?

From: fork
Subject: Re: M code for semiovariogram?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 21:42:36 +0000 (UTC)

PhilipNienhuis <pr.nienhuis <at> hccnet.nl> writes:

> forkandwait wrote

(SNIP)

> There's lots of geostatistics code around in .m-file format, a few years
> back I surveyed the web for directly usable scripts, much like you now.

I think basic variogram and kriging is simple enough we all roll it
ourselves, and then there is a lot "lying around".

> The most accessible is probably the 'kriging toolbox' (google for it),
> however it's a bit geared towards mining  - the 3D input requirements may
be
> a bit convoluted for simple 2D analyses.

I think it also requires compiling mex files.

> Matlab Central probably has some.

Watch out -- JWE is going to give you a hard time on this (justifiably,
probably)...

(SNIP)

> I suppose there's room for an easily usable geostatistics package on
> Octave-Forge

Isn't that octave-gpr?  I would be happy to share my basic code, but I am
not interested enough to set up my own package, etc.

Thanks!