Re: 'ls' output width

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: 'ls' output width
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 15:31:43 -0400

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 9:01 PM, Leo Liu wrote:
> When the output width from ls is larger than the terminal width, is
> there a way to inform 'ls' the terminal width without restart Octave?

In short (assuming !windows) the 'ls' program informs itself by
querying the terminal device it is attached to or from the COLUMNS
environment variable. If you're running Octave with readline (not
using the --no-line-editing option) and on a proper terminal, then it
should all be taken care of.

Does that answer your question? If not then I'm not quite sure what
you're asking. Also wouldn't hurt to specify OS and whether you're
talking about running Octave interactively in a terminal emulator or
from a script.

--
mike