Re: Octave 3.6.2 - Connection to mysql

From: richard
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.2 - Connection to mysql
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 11:52:05 +0100

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 03:21:46PM -0700, PhilipNienhuis wrote:
> pascalus89 wrote

> > I search how to connect to mysql but it is not clear.

I'll try to tidy up a couple of loose ends, if I can.
I assume that this search identified only the "database"
package. I have looked at a separate package called "mysql.m"
but as I use only postgres for my work, I cannot comment on
whether this might work with current versions of mysql,
and octave.

I tested an earlier version of "database" and the bug
reports (including mysql) are here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?38098

When mysql (and octave) continued their development, things
changed, hence work will be needed if there is a demand for
mysql to work with octave.
A decision was taken to continue the development of "database"
(ver 2.0) for postgres only - see the bug reports for the
reasons why this happened.

I'm writing this just for information, as I'd guess it
is not the response the OP was hoping for.

Richard A Lough