New development for emacs's octave-mode

From: Leo Liu
Subject: New development for emacs's octave-mode
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:18:08 +0800

Hi there,

I need to work with octave for the next few months and I would like to
improve emacs's Octave mode.

Recently I have merged octave-inf.el and octave-mod.el into one file
octave.el and added two features requested by JordiGH and jwe to fix
name mismatch in function file and doc-string. Completion in .m files
can also make use of an inferior process if available.

If you are using emacs (currently 24.3 is required), it'd be great help
testing out Octave mode before the next emacs release. You can easily
grab the code from upstream by running:

  wget http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/lisp/progmodes/octave.el

Features implemented but yet to be installed in emacs:

1. texinfo comment block font-locking: http://i.imgur.com/exDiC9i.png
2. octave help: http://i.imgur.com/BX5OIzW.png
3. calltip hint: http://i.imgur.com/ANUkW5x.png
4. jump to definition

Feel free to suggest new ones or report bugs by M-x report-emacs-bug.

Thanks,
Leo