Re: [OS X] octave cannot start a properly working gnuplot

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [OS X] octave cannot start a properly working gnuplot
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:52:03 +0800

On Apr 28, 2013, at 1:13 PM, Leo Liu wrote:

> On 2013-04-28 12:28 +0800, Benjamin Abbott wrote:
>
>> Yes, I'm running MacOS 10.7, and using macports to install gnuplot.
>>
>> I'd expect the problem is with either gnuplot or x11.
>>
>> I recommend you try different versions of gnuplot. If that doesn't
>> resolve the problem, try a different version of x11.
>
> Tried a different gnuplot (4.6.3) and getting the same issue.
>
>> Where did you get your gnuplot and x11?
>>
>> Ben
>
> I have two gnuplots: one compiled from source and one from homebrew.
>
> X11 is from whatever Apple asks to install, I can't remember how that
> happened, probably when I launched an X11 app, apple asked whether to
> install Xquartz and I answered yes.
>
> Anyway I have XQuartz 2.7.4 on my system under /opt/X11.
>
> Leo

I'm running XQuartz 2.6.5.

I don't have any good ideas for how to debug this (we are running different
versions of MacOS, different versions of X11, and different versions of
gnuplot).  What would be helpful is to find an install of MacOS 10.8 that is
able to display the debug.gp file correctly.

When you reported the problem to gnuplot, did you encounter anyone running
MacOS 10.8?

Ben