Re: (At least apparently) unable to install packages

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: (At least apparently) unable to install packages
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:56:38 -0400

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM, afullo wrote:
> No, I did it, and it worked, thanks. :D

Good.

> Just for completeness, is there a GUI for Octave 3.6? It seems that QtOctave
> didn't make it past version 3.2. :(

QtOctave is a separate project from Octave unsupported by the Octave
developers. I don't use it, others on the list may be able to comment
on it.

FWIW, I do see QtOctave in the Ubuntu repos in 12.10 and 13.04 so I
assume it still works with Octave 3.6. However, the binary package
provided by Ubuntu probably does not work with the Octave PPA packages
that you just installed.

By the way, an official GUI will be part of the next major release of
Octave, stay tuned.

--
mike