Re: Trying to get started

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: Trying to get started
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 18:10:00 -0700

On 3/30/13 5:58 PM, Gary Nelson wrote:
Greetings,

Running Mac OSX 10.8.3 with latest XCODE installed

Took suggestion to install MacPorts. Followed instructions as best I could.

Suggests I go to terminal and do this

localhost:~ garynelson$ sudo port install octave-devel +atlas+docs
Password:
Warning: The Command Line Tools for Xcode don't appear to be installed; most
ports will likely fail to build.
Warning: Seehttp://guide.macports.org/chunked/installing.xcode.html  for more
information.
--->  Computing dependencies for octave-develError: Unable to execute port: can't read
"build.cmd": Failed to locate 'make' in path:
'/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' or at its MacPorts
configuration time location, did you move it?
localhost:~ garynelson$

Woops.    I find no reference anyplace in XCODE to installation of
Command Line Tools.

My goal is to get Octave going.  I have developed a fair amount of
SciLab code and find that this latest 10.8.3 OS plus latest Scilab 5.4.0
do not make a happy marriage. Also, math tools for Octave seem much
richer so I would like to get going asap.

Thanks.

Gary Nelson
address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>

Quoting the page you cited above:

"
2.2.1.1. Xcode 4.3

After installing Xcode 4.3, the Command Line Tools must be installed. This is done from the Downloads section of Xcode's preferences.
"

Did you try that?
--
Alexander Hansen