Re: Edit problem Octave

From: c.
Subject: Re: Edit problem Octave
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:54:43 +0100

On 11 Mar 2013, at 10:24, am304 <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe the editor support commands need to be made more robust to handle
> spaces in the path? After all, it's not exactly unexpected to have programs
> install on either "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" for Windows users
> (which I assume are a significant proportion of Octave users).

 … but, apart from a few important exceptions, a minor proportion of Octave
developers,
we need more help from people who know and use windows.

The "edit" command is implemented in this simple m-file script:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/file/b74c4e967f76/scripts/miscellaneous/edit.m

So there is no need of knowing any other programming language but Octave to
work on it.
Can you propose and test changes that would make it work better on windows?

thanks,
c.