Re: Cannot find library or dependents

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Cannot find library or dependents
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 16:05:13 -0800 (PST)

svla299 wrote
> I have uninstalled Octave for Octave 3.6.2 for Win MS Visual Studio and
> installed Octave 3.6.2 for Windows MinGW. Have managed to re-created .mex
> file, bypassed successfully 'Cannot find library or dependents'.
> In a subsequent step the .m file I'm executing uses Matlab's function
> VideoReader. Is there an equivalent in Octave?

There's a video package in Octave-Forge, but

1. It lacks functionality (e.g., getframe function)

2. It is unmaintained.

While recent MinGW and MSVC binaries include this video package, I doubt if
it works very well in practice.
The Octave-3.4.3_MinGW binary had the best working video package for my use,
later (and earlier) versions didn't work for me.

So I think no, sorry, there's no matching functionality in Octave for
VideoReader.

Philip