Anyone using matode ?

From: Terry Duell
Subject: Anyone using matode ?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:56:07 +1100

Hello All,
Just an initial enquiry.
I have been building some multi-DOF dynamics models in Octave, and now need to move to more complex models. The Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) looks like it might be a good system to use, but I suspect that my unfamiliarity with C++ will make it too difficult. I see that there is a public licensed Matlab interface to ODE, matode (see <http://www.3me.tudelft.nl/index.php?id=4812&L=1> ). Before I start delving too deeply into this approach, it would be helpful to know if anyone has used matode with Octave, and to hear any comments on how well it all works in Octave (and a Linux environment), and any general comments on this approach.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell