Re: Octave 3.6.1 vs grace

From: Pablo Aguado
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.1 vs grace
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:18:51 +0100

Ok, so the problem was not octave but the ppa I was using (this one ppa:mvanderkolff/octave-3.6)

When I switched to the official one (ppa:octave/stable) everthing works fine.

Thanks!

Pablo

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

On 30 Jan 2013, at 12:49, Pablo Aguado <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded octave from 3.2.4 to 3.6.1 in Ubuntu 12.04 and I noticed the upgrade removed grace.
> Any idea why? What if I need to use both octave and xmgrace? Is there any solution?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Pablo

graceplot has never been part of Octave, it is an external package which used to be distributed on Octave-Forge.
It's last release was in 2009 and the package is unmaintained since then.
You can still access the source code of the package in the subversion repository here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/octave/code/11610/tree/trunk/octave-forge/extra/graceplot/
if you want to give it a try, but I suspect it might be non-trivial to bring it back to life …
c.

Pablo Aguado Puente
address@hidden