invoke overwritten functions

From: ernst
Subject: invoke overwritten functions
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 17:22:07 +0100

Hi all,
I have the problem that i need to invoke overwritten functions.
Even worse, i want do invoke the overwritten function from within the
overwriting function.

This is no problem if i know, this is a builtin function (i know: just
use builtin(...)).
But what about invoking functions defined in an m-file?
Or (maybe more complicated) in an oct or mex file??

I know, the function source(...) but i do not know how to pass arguments.
And i cannot figure out how to find out at runtime
which file is to be executed.
I know about the function file_in_loadpath(...) but this returns just
the overwriting file,
not the overwritten one...

Any ideas???

greetings,