Re: SOURCE FILES FOR WIN 7 X64

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: SOURCE FILES FOR WIN 7 X64
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:39:40 -0500

On Jan 17, 2013, at 10:26 AM, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 16 January 2013 22:17, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> If it is legally safe to just ignore the footer then I have no problem
>> accepting that as policy for the list.
>
> If the footers are meaningless in the US, then why are US companies adding
> them?
>
> - Jordi G. H.

That's a good question.  I have no idea.  Maybe they think we're all mindless
drones and will accept their terms without question?

In any event, as we have no legal agreement with these companies and we're not
discussion sensitive and/or classified US information, I'd be surprised if the
footers have any legal weight.  Even so, what does concern me is that one of
these companies could still choose to file a lawsuit, which would place a
burden of time and money on us.

Ben