Missing data point when plot printed

From: sirus_m_omega
Subject: Missing data point when plot printed
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 19:43:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

When I print (or saveas) a plot, the result file looks exactly like it
should EXCEPT that the first data point is missing!  Here is a screenshot of
a plot in Octave:
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4648655/screenshot.png>

And after doing:

>print('test','-dpng')

Then the resulting saved PNG is this:
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4648655/test.png>

This really baffles me.  Of course, the kluge would be to copy the first
data point in any plot that I want to save as an image... and while that
works (has been tested), it is highly unsatisfactory.

Any ideas anyone?

P.S.  Other important information:  running windows 7, 64 bit; octave 3.6.2;
ghostscript 9.06 (contained in "Program Files (x86)" folder, separate from
"Octave" folder, which is located directly under "C:").