Re: Help with octave C++ function

From: tstrubl1
Subject: Re: Help with octave C++ function
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 15:35:35 -0800 (PST)

I have just been trying to debug this manually.  I will take your advice with gdb.  May I ask which of my indexes you were referring to?

Thank you for your response

--Timothy

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Jose [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/01/2013 11:59 PM, tstrubl1 wrote:

>       Hello, I am having trouble with a C++ function which I wish to execute
> in Octave.  This function takes the convolution of 2 matrices and applies a
> threshold value to the output.  The mathematics is similar to the one used
> in the following link:
>
> http://gimp.open-source-solution.org/manual/plug-in-convmatrix.html
>
> The code compiles without any errors.  When the function is executed it
> returns a matrix completely filled with zeros.  When I attempt to execute
> the function more than once, octave crashes.
Without much digging into your code it smells to me like indexes getting
wild. But this is just one possibility.

I have been unable to debug
> this on my own.

How are you trying to debug this? I would suggest you to use gdb,
perhaps with a nice front-end such as eclipse.

Good luck.
Jose