Re:

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re:
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 14:01:57 -0500

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Leon Kaganovskiy <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear all,
I am so sorry for bothering you, but I need quick help!
I plan to teach a course in Math using Octave.    I am on Windows 7.
My old version crashed and I erased it and now when I went online to get new one,
I only see the ones which need to be built. compiled etc...    --- sorry no good for me and not computer savvy students I plan to teach.
Is there any way you can point me to old windows installer (usual windows installation) which would also work with a proper version of GUI Octave?????
I would appreciate it so much!!!

Did you try one of the version available from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/
For some versions, there are 2 releases: one compiled with MinGW (usually in the form of archives to unpack on your computer), one compiled with Visual Studio (in the form of an installer).

Michael.