Re: nVIDIA cuBLAS and GNU Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: nVIDIA cuBLAS and GNU Octave
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:20:18 -0500

On 23-Dec-2012, Markus Bergholz wrote:

| only work if you have a cuda card and driver!), or one day the Cuda stuff and
| licence gets tolareted by Octave developers.

Octave's license isn't going to change, so I don't think we have a
choice to someday "tolerate" a non-free, GPL-incompatible license.
I'm not interested in linking Octave with non-free software, or
encouraging people to do so.  What we need is to have software that
does the job of working with the GPU that is distributed under terms
that are compatible with the GPL.

jwe