Re: Octave stand-alone and Octave 3.6.2 compiled for Visual Studio 2010

From: hkhauke
Subject: Re: Octave stand-alone and Octave 3.6.2 compiled for Visual Studio 2010
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 07:28:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi Michael,

thank you once more for the help.

Even though you say that octaverc would be called it somehow does not
happen.
However, if I use "source" to execute that script, it outputs

 - Use `pkg list' to see a list of installed packages.
 - MSYS shell available (c:\Software\VC10Libs\local\octave-3.6.2\msys).
warning: unable to set default graphics backend

This is what I see in the stand-alone Octave but I can not see if not using
"source" in my
usage of the Octave libraries.

The third line with the warning, you have already explained, is caused by
the difficulty to use fltk.
What is REPL? I have never heard this before. To use Gnuplot and always do a
drawnow
would not be a severe issue.

I start to get the feeling that it would be the better way to integrate my
C/C++ part into Octave
(e.g. using MEX) and not the other way around since a lot of details get
really complicated when
using the Octave library API ...

Thank you and best regards

Hauke