Re: Quick Question

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Quick Question
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:16:21 -0500

On 19 December 2012 12:38, Michael Dearing <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a quick question, we want to install this software in an enterprise
> setting.  Is the software still free for an enterprise setting?

Octave is free software. Once you obtain it, you can do whatever you
want with it.

However, we want to make sure anyone who bases work on Octave also
passes on the same freedoms that Octave has granted. Therefore, Octave
is copylefted under the GPL. If you build a derivative work from
Octave and you distribute your work, please be aware of your GPL
obligations:

    http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#Licensing_issues
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

HTH,