Re: testing octave-instrument-control-toolbox

From: Stefan Mahr
Subject: Re: testing octave-instrument-control-toolbox
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 11:08:52 +0100

>> Are you sure your command sequence works as expected? I would expect at
>> least a 'write' of a command like "MEAS:VOLT?" before 'read'.
>>
> The second example is in fact a copy of a working Python-script for
> another Keithley which uses rs232 not usbtmc. It's not necessary to
> put in a command  like "MEAS:VOLT?" before 'read' here because the
> measurements are started once you give the the OUTP ON command, then
> the staircase is formed and after 5 values (trigger count 5) the
> results are sent back to the computer.

Is this your instrument?

http://intro.phys.psu.edu/class/p457/experiments/html/keithley_2400_sourcemeter_full.pdf

 "Use :TRIG:COUN <n> to set the number of readings to be stored.
  (n = number of readings; 2500 maximum.) Turn on the output
  with :OUTP ON and then send the :READ? command to trigger and
  access readings."

The RS232 may work a little different than USBTMC Interface, so try to add
":READ?" command.

Stefan