Compiling octave

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Compiling octave
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:07:09 -0800

Sorry for the trivial question but... What debian Qt packages are needed to compile octave?

Specifically, I am trying to compile octave from the sources. I haven't done this for a while, but during the configure I get

checking for QT... configure: error: Qt libraries are required to build the GUI

I am running debian 64 bit testing.

I have libqt-dev installed, plus libqt4-network and libqt4-gui (and dependencies). I searched the debian packages and didn't find any other references to the libraries searched for in the configure script.

Bob