Re: Octave's and Matlab's limitations

From: Jake
Subject: Re: Octave's and Matlab's limitations
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:01:59 -0800

I didn't read *all* of the chain of emails before this little discussion started, so I'm not keen on the base purpose here. My comment at this point would be that if someone finds MATLAB or Octave limiting to their needs (and they don't want to use another language), then the only solution is to help themselves and others by writing code to make the software less limiting, e.g. if someone doesn't like string processing, then make some string processing functions to meet your needs.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 21 November 2012 15:27, edmund ronald <address@hidden> wrote:
> I like Octave because it is free and has a
> spare design, but let's face it not everyone wants to be an abstemious
> digital monk.

We are trying to make Octave less for digital monks, but it's hard work.

- Jordi G. H.