Re: Acknowledge in paper

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Acknowledge in paper
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 08:28:28 -0500

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Juan Pablo Carbajal <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Ismael Diego Nunez-Riboni
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm planing to submit soon a paper whose data I analyzed with octave and though that an acknowledgement for the software would be a good idea. Before I do it, I wanted to check that I do not use the wrong terms. How does this sound? :
>
> "The data has been numerically analyzed and plotted with the free software GNU Octave and Gnuplot".
>
> Thanks in advance for the feedback. Cheers, Ismael.

Hi,

here we collected several publications citing GNU Octave. you can get
examples from there.
http://wiki.octave.org/Publications_using_Octave

I usually use this bibtex (should be in octave.org)

@misc{Octave,
author = {{Octave community}},
keywords = {Octave,Software},
title = {{GNU/Octave}},