Re: Octave 3.6.2 for Windows: Visual Studio or MinGW?

From: am304
Subject: Re: Octave 3.6.2 for Windows: Visual Studio or MinGW?
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 07:48:23 -0800 (PST)

Thank you, yes I noticed the MinGW version is essentially a compressed
archive. What about in terms of functionality, are there any differences? I
noticed the Visual Studio has a GUI prototype included, which the MinGW
doesn't seem to have. I am quite keen to try out the GUI so would veer
towards the Visual Studio option. Are there any other major differences?

Thanks again,

Arnaud