Re: Trouble installing packages

From: theboss368
Subject: Re: Trouble installing packages
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 11:01:38 -0800 (PST)

I would really prefer not to.   So let me see if I have this straight.

1. I download the package odepkg-0.8.2.tar.gz  file

2. I open octave and change the directory to have it be my downloads folder

3. I input      'pkg install odepkg-0.8.2.tar.gz'

Theoretically this should have my package loaded and ready to use correct??

my next question is how do I change my directory?

I know I use either "cd" or "chdir" but what do I do then?