RE: Help Gnuplot

From: Damian Harty
Subject: RE: Help Gnuplot
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:17:29 +0000

> >                      ...when I am using user B, whenever I plot
> > something from Terminal, the Terminal title bar change display to
> > gnuplot-4.2.5, AquaTerm starts. But the problem is that the plotting
> > process just hangs there. No AquaTerm window displays, and octave stop
> > responding until I manually quit AquaTerm.
> >
>                                           ...Anyway, I made my Octave
> plotting work with X11. So I can get my chart plotted.

I've had the same experience (except I had no "user A" for which it worked).
New machine, new OS (10.8.2 Mountain Lion), new installation of everything,
no plotting exactly as described above. Previous installation (OSX 10.7) was
fine and relatively uncontentious to install.

I took my lead from:

http://bl.anthonysutardja.com/post/28024250835/mountain-lion-x11-and-gnuplot

Now I have a working installation using X11.

1) Is there any evidence that the AquaTerm route (which I don't really follow,
to be honest) works reliably with OSX 10.8?

2) Is there any evidence that the X11 route I have working now is in some
way inferior to the AquaTerm route?

Damian Harty