Re: Install issue with database package

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Install issue with database package
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 02:40:38 +0200

On 18 September 2012 09:23, Miguel <address@hidden> wrote:

> After some hours trying to connect to postgresql, I am geting convinced
> there is currently no DB connection to postgresql DB from octave. Indeed,
> there is a very nice small code for mkoctfile:
>
>    http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/octave-pg/
>
> But,  I found there is no longer a libpq++ in postgresql
> (http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.interfaces/month=20080701)...
> Anyone knows if there is a libpqxx interface (I found nothing on google)?
> In another approach, maybe "extern C" can be used to reimplement a libpq
> (standard C) based oct of Dirk Eddelbuettel's code?
>
> Best regards,
> Miguel
> (This is my first post here :) ).

Every once in a while, someone complains on how the database package
in Octave Forge is broken so there is an interest. However, as far as
I know. No one is working on it. Do you want to fix it?

You mention you spent some hours trying to connect to DB. Even without
success at the end, could you maybe write down some of the things you
found on the wiki?

http://wiki.octave.org/Database_package

Carnë