Re: GNU Plot package installation error

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: GNU Plot package installation error
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:07:00 -0700

On 10/4/12 2:55 PM, injoi wrote:
> http://www.gnuplot.info/ seems to think that it is...

I see "It is also used as a plotting engine by third-party applications
like Octave" on that page, but it doesn't say you should install it
using Octave--and, indeed, you cannot.

There are also links to
> a 1.1.0 package in the sourceforge octave site
> (http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.php).

That isn't the gnuplot tool, though.  According to the package
description from that page:

"Scripts to save data in gnuplot-readable formats, specify gnuplot
commands that will be used to produce graphics, and call gnuplot. See
help g_ez quickly produce the most common plots."

(Though I would argue that it is confusing to name the package just
"gnuplot")
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison