RE: Segmentation fault when compiling octave

From: Feuerbacher, Alan
Subject: RE: Segmentation fault when compiling octave
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 21:33:10 +0000

Jordi wrote:

> Use fltk instead of gnuplot, do "graphics_toolkfit fltk" before
> attempting the surf demo. Try other demos, try to invert a large
> matrix, paste one of your Octave scripts into this instance running
> under gdb, try to make it crash...

Gotcha.

Ok, one problem is that "DISPLAY" was not set. I'm compiling in a bash shell
with a sparse environment, because our company sysadmin has us using tcsh which
does not work at all in compiling octave. Once I set "DISPLAY" to the same
value as in tcsh, "demo surf" seemed to work, in that it put out three sets of
graphs. However, I also see an error message:

Error: API mismatch: the NVIDIA kernel module has version 295.71, but this
NVIDIA driver component has version 280.13. Please make sure that the kernel
module and all NVIDIA driver components have the same version.

Because this is my employer's workstation server, and we're restricted to
Redhat 5, I don't know that I can get my sysadmin to mess with NVIDIA settings.

Anyway, I'm going home for the day.

Thanks so much for your help!

Alan