Re: BLAS library incompatible with Fortran 77 compiler settings

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: BLAS library incompatible with Fortran 77 compiler settings
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 23:58:29 +0200

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:55:03PM -0700, babelproofreader wrote:
> Setting up octave (3.6.1-1ubuntu1ppa1~precise1) ...
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> so still no joy. Perhaps my original attempt to compile from source is the
> way to go for me. Any suggestions about how to overcome the gfortran and
> configure problem?

You need to get the above fixed or dpkg will try to configure octave at
every invocation and octave will continue to segfault at every
invocation.

Step 1: Remove the PPA from your sources.list file.
Step 2: Update the list of available packages (apt-get update)
Step 3: Remove every package with 'octave' in its name using your
preferred package manager (this step will probably fail with 'octave',
but maybe we can get rid of some of the other packages).

Step 4: Report back here, so we can continue.

        Thomas