memory exhaustive error

From: tharaka weheragoda
Subject: memory exhaustive error
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 08:31:09 +0530

Hi All,
 I'm new to octave.I have already installed a 64 bit version of ubuntu 11.10 and i have a 6 GB RAM in my machine. When i'm creating a 25000*25000 matrix in octave i'm getting this error.

error: memory exhausted or requested size too large for range of Octave's index type -- trying to return to prompt

I googled and found out that i have to configure octave with --enable- 64 in order to use 64 bit integers as array dimensions. I have already installed octave.So how can i do it? Do i need to reinstall octave ?

Can anybody please guide me the steps.

Thanks in advance!
Tharaka