Re: How to install all toolboxes with one command?

From: Nash A
Subject: Re: How to install all toolboxes with one command?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

From: Jason Moore <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 6:51 PM

'sudo apt-get install octave-*' should install all packages in the repository. I think Mint piggybacks off of Ubuntu repositories if I remember right. Not sure if Ubuntu has all the packages however. 'apt-cache search octave' should tell you what packages are there.

Thank you, I tried your command,  but I get errors:

octave3.2 is already the newest version.
octave3.2-common is already the newest version.
octave3.2-common set to manually installed.
or been moved out of Incoming.

 octave-msh : Depends: gmsh (>= 1.6.5) but it is not going to be installed

Should I un-install octave and try everything from the start? This is what I had before

ctave:1> ver
GNU Octave Version 3.2.4
GNU Octave License: GNU General Public License
Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 20:41:14 UTC 2012 i686
Package Name    | Version | Installation directory
communications *|  1.0.10 | /usr/share/octave/packages/3.2/communications-1.0.10
octave:2>