Re: Autoload not effective.

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Autoload not effective.
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:31:14 -0400

On 1 June 2012 00:26, Brandon Chang <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm currently porting octave into iOS. I was not able to compile
> version 3.6.1, but after two days of work, I compiled version 2.9.19
> under iOS. It runs, however, with serious problem – autoload is not
> working.

Octave 2.9.19 is ancient. How did you even find that? You must have
looked high and low for such a version. It's prehistoric, somewhat
literally, since it predates our move to record history with hg.

I would much rather know why 3.6.1 isn't compiling on your iThing. Are
you, for example, attempting to compile with clang++ instead of g++?
Clang is still lagging a little behind gcc in C++ implementation, and
Octave doesn't compile on it yet.

- Jordi G. H.