Re: compiling SuiteSparse

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: compiling SuiteSparse
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 18:28:10 +0200

On 5/28/2012 12:35 PM, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

Did you actually open the attached file ? If you did, you should have noticed
there are no drive letters, so it's not for Windows.

Sergei,
if you want to provide "useful" info you need to communicate
the scope of your case.

32 bit OpenSuse-11.1 is a useful scope.
Trying to guess from your mail not so much.

The point of my Email was libraries used and their order. How can this be wrong
for Windows ?

Other systems have other needs, and I can assure you that not
everything that worked in your case can be applied to other systems.

Have you noticed that octave build system looks for several
functionalities as we try to support a lot of system that behave
differently : Linux (in several flavor), FreeBSD, Mac Os X, Mingw,
Cygwin, Sun

What at all are you talking about distribution ? Was I talking about
distribution ?

Sometime we want to share our results to others in more than pure
instructions. But I guess your are deaf about this expectation

But it seems not clear to you the further restriction in Metis:

"It can be freely used for educational and research
purposes by non-profit institutions and US government agencies only. Other organizations are allowed to use METIS only for evaluation purposes, and any further uses will require prior approval."

This means I can not use it for my daily job as I work for profit
without buying a license from the Author

--Sergei.

Regards
Marco