Re: regexp & COM: matlab compatibility

From: Andrew Hancock
Subject: Re: regexp & COM: matlab compatibility
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:33:00 -0400

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Michael Goffioul
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Andrew Hancock
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>    <...snip...>
>> Finally, I didn't find anything about Active-X / COM interface to
>> (say) Excel (something else that I'm slowly getting up to speed
>> on).  I would be surprised if it did, because it is very
>> Microsoft-specific.  Is it correct to assume that this not in the
>> plans?
>

> There is support for ActiveX and COM in the Windows package form
> octave-forge.

Would you be able to point me to documentation on it?  When I visit
the Octave site, the Windows & Cygwin entries appear to be combined
(if I interpret the layout properly).  I already have the Cygwin
install (updated this morning) and I searched the HTML & PDF
documentation for "active" (in case active X showed up) and for "COM".

Thanks.

BTW, I was debating with a fellow geek about how to pronounce
"Octave".  I always thought the accent was on the 2nd syllable, with a
long "a", while he pronounced it the way the word "octave" is normally
pronounced.  I have no clue where I got my idea of the pronounciation
from.  Octaviar?  Some Spiderman villain?  Anyway, is there an
official pronounciation?  If I appear goofee to other geeks, I can
point the an authoritative source.  Unless I'm wrong, of course.