Re: Stupid question

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: Stupid question
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 21:27:53 +0200

Jim,

Jim Curry wrote:
Dear Sir:

I am actually very sorry to bother you, and I know that my question is
very stupid.  Sorry for that.

I have just acquired and installed Octave on my computer.  It is very nice.

I know how to write very C code, and I want to contribute some matrix
functions.  I can write decently in C++, too, but C++ is not a great
language.  It is better to stay as close to core C as possible.
  Usually, it is entirely possible.

I have also installed mercurial on my system, and it works okay.

I don't know where to find the source code for Octave.  I would like to
read some rather largish amount of code.  My purpose in doing that would
be to assure that my interfaces and coding style will work correctly
with the project.  It would seem stupid to go to a lot of work and
contribute something that doesn't fit or that has to be reworked to fit.

I am very sorry.  I just don't know where to go and what to do to get
the source code, and I would like to do that.

Regards,
Jim Curry
Cut Bank, Montana