Re: quadcc not available

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: quadcc not available
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:04:09 +0200

Am 30.04.2012 16:49, schrieb Markus Michael Rau:
> Thanks for the tip. My only problem is that I have no root rights on the
> computer I'm using. :-)
>
> I could actually ask my admin to install the necessary packages but this may
> take some time.
>
> lg,
> Markus

In that case tell them to add the science repository and to install
octave and octave-devel directly from it, it has octave version 3.6.1.
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_11.4
(btw there is no need for the packman repository, everything is in science!)

If you really want to compile yourself it is easier if you (or the
administrator) just install all build dependencies with the command
(after adding the science repo)

zypper si -d octave # nothing else needed it installs all build
dependencies in one rush