Re: Octave in Google Summer of Code 2012

From: Luke M
Subject: Re: Octave in Google Summer of Code 2012
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:44:43 -0700 (PDT)

Max Brister wrote

> 2012/4/23 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@>:
>> Good news everyone!
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce that Octave will be mentoring three students
>> this summer under the Google Summer of Code programme.
>>
>> Max Dawid (fisheater in #octave) will be primarily mentored by jwe on
> Wrong last name there Jordi, it should be Max Brister.
>
> I'm very excited to get the opportunity to implement JIT compilation
> in GNU Octave. It is nice to see so many projects accepted for Octave!
> I wish everyone a good summer, and I hope to see you all at OctCof
> 2012.
>
> Max Brister

These are some great SoC projects, but I have to admit I'm most excited
about yours.  All I could find was a one sentence abstract, so how about
some details?  Trace-based, static? LLVM, libjit?  Will you have a public
repository for your branch?

Sorry for all the badgering, just excited and I hope I can help a little
(and learn a lot).