Re: Subplot and Legend

From: Ismael Núñez-Riboni
Subject: Re: Subplot and Legend
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:02:49 +0200

I have been trying to make one legend for a set of subplots.
The function legend creates a legend hose position is fixed to the
current axes. Therefore I tried creating an additional axis that cover
the whole figure and add the subplots inside.
It doesn't work cause the legend's contents are also connected to the axes.

I unterstand you want a single legend for various subplots. You can start by choosing in which subplot you want the legend to be with a simple "if statement":

subplot(N,R,k)

if k == thisone
   legend(...)
end

Is there anyway to move freely the legend inside the figure
(independent of the axis created by subplot)?

So far I know, like in the matlab plots and with the mouse: no.

Is it possible to resize the box containing the legend? (in case
'otientation' 'horizontal' and subplots, the legend can use several
lines, which in a whole figure context wouldn't be necessary)

You can give the orientation and location of the legend. Did you check already: "help legend"? :-) I think what you want is the option "outside"...

Saludos y Gruesse, Ismael.